Getting your Gearbox here and back
I can arrange collection of your gearbox from you provided the following instructions are followed.
It must be drained of ALL oil and sealed, wrapped to prevent any leaking of remnant fluids. All switches and mounts are removed and the whole box is secured to a suitable pallet.
The refurbished box will be returned to you in the same manner, ie, without oil, and together with a box containing all the replaced parts for you to keep hold of during the warranty period.
You may prefer to deliver the box in person to Warrington, or it may be possible to take collection at a VW event or show if mutually convenient.
I am situated at UNIT 7, Cain Valley Trading Estate, LLanfyllin, Powys, SY22 5DD.
Please make sure to remove the following before shipping or delivering a gearbox to me:
• Oil – please take a picture of the magnetic drain plug so i can see the build up of debris/sludge. It will help me to gauge the overall wear.
• Reverse light switch & washer – Remove
• Diff lock actuator, bracket, plate, switch & washer (if applicable) – Remove
• Breather banjo, copper washers (if applicable) – Remove
• Clutch slave cylinder and any associated pipe-work – Remove
• Any mounts or mounting plates other than clutch slave bracket – Remove
• Clutch release bearing – Remove
• Starter motor – Remove